Here's where The Ultimate Toolkit--Sponsorships can help:
- How to find up to five companies in your market that are willing to spend far more on a sponsorship than you ever thought imaginable. Once you can find those five mega-sponsor companies, do you have a sponsorship package that works for those companies? Or are you just loading up a bunch of miscellaneous stuff to raise the price? Loading up miscellaneous stuff, by the way, doesn’t work and makes those five mega-sponsor companies just modest sponsors or less.
- How to build a sponsorship strategy and packages from scratch. I spent years with various teams generating monster sponsorship revenues. My sponsorship philosophy was dramatically different than most teams. You might not like those steps. But, make that decision after we take you step by step through building a sponsorship strategy and then building sponsorship packages from scratch to truly maximize revenue.
- How to evaluate what your maximum potential for sponsorships really is. This isn’t just taking your ‘rate card’ and adding 20%. In fact, we’ll give you an entirely different way to look at how much sponsorship revenue is possible in your market. Are you getting what the market will bear? Do you have a master list of all your team’s sponsorship inventory?
- How to negotiate deals for radio, TV and cable. If you don’t control your own media or your radio or TV deal is coming up soon, we’ll give you ideas on how to bring radio and TV in-house and/or dramatically improve your existing deal. Where are the land mines? We know how to walk around them. These principles hold true at any level, major or minor league.
- How to create slam dunk killer promotions. We’ll show you how to use your teams’ and building assets to create slam-dunk winning promotions that move the needle for your sponsor’s business. If you move the needle for your sponsor, the sponsor will move your revenue needle upwards. We’ll take you through the step by step process I’ve used for decades at all levels in different leagues. The Sponsor Promotion Bible will become one of your all-time favorite tools.
- The hidden prospects for sponsorship packages. With some creativity, you can expand your pool of sponsorship prospects by developing what I call B2B and HR sponsorships. We’ll show you how to create new inventory and find those unique, non-traditional sponsors in your market that you’d never usually think about. We’ll also walk you through a strategy to identify some truly non-traditional, unusual sponsorship candidates that you may never have thought about calling.
- How to negotiate with your prospective sponsor where you always receive the maximum price. There are little negotiating tactics that can make a huge difference. We’ll walk you through negotiating strategy where you can negotiate hard and not get bloodied in the process. We’ll also explain the strategy behind official status, exclusivities, market research and the right way to build sponsorship proposals.
- How to get sponsorship renewals that you can predict. When you're selling sponsorships, you're really in the renewal business. It's one thing to sell a sponsor, it's an entirely different thing to keep that sponsor year after year.
There are a lot of different tools in The Ultimate Toolkit--Sponsorships. One huge tool is located on this web page on the Internet; click on Private Content #1 and Private Content #2. Once you become a member of The Ultimate Toolkit--Sponsorships you'll get access a personal password to open up each attachment, download it, tweak it to fit your team and then make money off of it.
Inside the actual Toolkit itself, you'll find three major parts:
Strategy & Tactics, Volumes 1 & 2. Here, I introduce you here to my 'secret sauce' and the specific steps to take. No, I'm not talking about food, I'm talking about how to build a sponsorship from scratch that will get the most revenue. You don't have to revamp your entire sponsorship department to do this. You could pick one product category and run with it. Eventually, you'd want to convert all your sponsorship offerings. Once you're fully understanding my 'secret sauce,' then we get into how to maximize your revenue from signage, radio, TV and game program.
Strategy & Tactics, Volumes 3 & 4. If you chose just one part, you'd pay for your Ultimate Toolkit ten times over. Here's three revenue concepts we cover in detail: 1) Non-traditional sponsor candidates, 2) Weird sponsors, 3) Smaller sponsors. We also cover: 1) How to price sponsorships, 2) The art of negotiating, 3) Why you don't give Official status, 4) The Power of Exclusivities. In Volume 4, we go to 1) How to build the most effective sales pitch, 2) Who to call on, 3) How to keep track. Also in Volume 4, we cover how to build a powerful Sponsorship Activation Department. Will most of this stuff there are downloads that you can use right away.
Training & Execution. Here are tools that might be very helpful for your Sponsorship Sales Manage.
- The Sponsorship Sales Manager’s Bible
- Getting the Appointment Handbook
- Sponsorship Sales Manager’s Boot Camp Guide
- Making the Sponsorship Sales Pitch
- Sponsorship Promotions Bible
o Part 1: How to create a Big Time promotion
o Part 2: Acing the Promotion Acid Test
o Part 3: Promoting the promotion